Friday, March 7, 2014

Flipped classroom

Hi everyone,
I have just read a blog about the Flipped Classroom.
What they recommended was to video record the lessons and then review in the classroom.
This is wonderful for kids home-bound for sickness or injury and if some review is needed.
However, more than that I felt from the article is too much freedom for the kids. Because what happens - according to a mom whose teenager uses this type of learning -  is that the kids either don't watch the video or watch and waste their time at school.  The teachers expect the kids to come prepared and only practice in the classroom. Then the teacher helps who ever asks for help and many of the others just talk among themselves.
I actually would like to prepare videos for my students - when they miss a class, I have a little stage fright must learn how to do it.
That's all for now.
Debbie
 http://teach.com/teach100/blogs/382-Free-eLearning-Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment